Baranagar Area situated or located [Baranagar Central 22.6433N 88.3653E – Latitude & Longitude in Decimal Degree] just beside on the Left Bank of the Hooghly River.
Western part of Baranagar is placed & stretched in a north-south direction linearly through the bank of Hooghly River (Ganga) & about 190 km from the sea-shore from the Ganges Delta at an elevation – Cossipore – 11 meters / 36 ft to Kuthi Ghat –11.5 meters / 38 ft., average elevation is 12 meters / 39 ft. Time zone: IST (UTC+5:30).
Formerly most of these areas were a huge wetland, domesticated over the decades to accommodate the area’s growing inhabitants, particularly the eastern part of Baranagar & adjoining areas.
- North: Southern base of the Calcutta chord railway from the river Hooghly River upto the point where it meets the ‘Dantia’ or ‘Bagjola Khal’ to the cast of the East India Railway line, then the northern bank of Dantia Khal upto the point where it meets the eastern boundary of Belgharia mouza.
- East: Eastern boundary of mouza Noapara, then the southern boundary of the said mouza up to its junction with the East India Railway line, then the East India Railway lines upto their junction withRamkali Mukherjee Road.
- South: Paramanik Ghat Road, Cossipore Road, Kashi Nath Dutta Road, Kali Charan Ghosh Road & Ram Kali Mukherjee Road.
- West: River Hoogly.
Above is a “Official Map of Baranagar Municipality – 2009”. To obtain detail regarding the official map, please contact with the authority.
We will primarily emphasized on the area directly under the administrative control of Baranagar Municipality. However, in due course of time frame we will talked about the Baranagar Assembly Constituency Area.
This tiny area is occupied with rich traditional heritage of Bengal as well as the Indian Subcontinent. Here, we will discuss & try to explore of those magnificent stories and append latest information and development based on reliable data only.
Statutory Warning: Jayanta Baksi, Author will not be responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of or the inability to use, the aforementioned data/s and / or the materials contained herein irrespective of whether the materials / articles contained here are provided by Jayanta Baksi.
Author / Compilor disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or User Content mentioned here. Author / Compilor is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, printed, verbal or non-verbal or of any user of this compilation.
Author / Compilor expressly disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for the conduct of any other Member (if any) and expressly disclaims that the Content prepared as ‘Compilation from Memory’ of this assemblage input by any other Members (if any) is correct or accurate.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Commercial use of any of the contents of this compilation in any manner is prohibited without prior written permission from an authorised person.
Further Detail: Contact Jayanta Baksi (email@example.com)